Monday, January 3, 2011

Too much, Too Soon

Yesterday was a great day. I had all the energy in the world, I was keeping hydrated, keeping up with my protein, and at around 8:30pm I got a call from my good friend Aimee that her water had broken and she was on her way to the hospital. I was originally her driver, but since she was having some preterm labor, her mom and her best friend had already made it to the Bay Area from Oregon for the baby's impending arrival. Anyhow, I was thrilled and immediately got in the car and headed to Kaiser on Geary St. with the hopes that her labor would be fast and furious.

When I got to the hospital I was told to park by the Emergency room Entrance in order to get into the hospital after hours. It was a great tip, except for the fact that the ER is up a steep hill, and there is no parking except for at the bottom of the hill. When my doctor said walking is good, I don't think he meant strenuous walking that engages my abs! Low and behold, I made it to the room and poor Aimee was laboring very hard. Her mom and bf Suzi were there and there was 1 chair in the entire delivery room. 1 chair??? Her mom has a cane, so I wasn't about to fight her for the only chair, but I ended up standing up from about 10pm - 3am when she finally got settled with her epidural and it was obvious that her baby wasn't coming out any time soon.

Well this morning, after 4 hours of sleep, I had my first "back to reality" morning. I had to get Aidan up and dressed and to preschool. Thankfully I didn't need to get myself ready and one kid even commented on my pajama pants... little turd! This morning I was NOT feeling well at all and my pain level was on the high end, but I knew that all I had to do was get her to school so that I could go back to bed.

I came home and showered and forced myself to get some liquid protein in because I knew I was behind and then I turned my phone on very low and closed the bedroom door. I got up at 1pm because a) I knew I would be dehydrated if I didn't get up and drink b) it was 1pm... I had things to do like browse sales at random stores for a bit! and c) I was afraid I might not be able to sleep tonight had I not gotten up and going. Plus I needed to check my phone and see if the baby was born!

After my nap my pain level was somewhat lower thankfully. Laying down helps a LOT, which means that instead of window shopping I should have done more resting, but hindsight is 20/20. Baby Pilot Canaan George was born at 1:30pm today, 1/3/11. Had I known he was coming Monday afternoon I would have just shown up for his birth!!! Little stinker! He is absolutely beautiful! And since Aimee had told me about all her false labor I had told Aidan that the baby was coming so this morning the first thing she asked me was if she got to go see baby Pilot! I promised her that after school we would go see him, so once I picked her up, it was back to SF to go see the baby.

So, needless to say I was up and down, in and out of the car, buckling carseats, etc etc ALL DAY today! And man, I can tell. I am trying to stay awake to drink another protein drink but the sucky part about the sleeve is that all I can do is sip. So sip, sip, sip I go on some fake protein infused chicken broth! If I can manage to choke it all down, I am going to try to get a small glass of Myoplex in before bed also (as I drink I literally think "this is chocolate milkshake, this is chocolate milkshake"). Tomorrow is my first day back at work and from what I hear I have a MOUNTAIN of work waiting for me. I switched sales markets and my new one is a lot more work.

Oh! I also had a miraculous discovery the other day that I am pretty sure is against my liquid diet, but the brand is Jello so I am pretending it's the same as regular Jello..... I have to take a prilosec pill to prevent acid or whatever (It is some kind of "blocker" bc the part of my stomach that was removed previously did this). It is not a big pill, but with a 2oz stomach, nothing goes down all that well. So, I figured out that I can open the pill and sprinkle the contents on 1 tablespoon of sugar free jello pudding. OMG, it is heaven! The closest thing to real food in 10 days!

Speaking of 10 days.... a quick recap of weight loss due to starvation:

12/16/10: Consult with surgeon, 245lbs
12/28/10 : Sleeve day! 3 days prior only liquids , 238 lbs
1/3/11: random weigh in, 232

So far I am down 13 lbs! Exciting stuff. Amazing what a little protein infused starvation will do for ya!

And last but not least, here is a picture of my dear Aidan holding baby Pilot who I must say, is absolutely adorable! Congrats Aimee!!! Welcome to the Mama Club!

No comments:

Post a Comment