Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Lesson Learned

Well, I learned my lesson today. From all of the sweets and treats of Valentine's Day I managed to gain 2 lbs when I weighed in tonight. : ( Not good!

I shouldn't be surprised. But I kind of am! The past few weeks I have had little bites of sweets here and there. Nothing substantial. And every time I weighed in, the numbers just kept on decreasing! I think that I got into la la land, thinking that I could eat whatever I want. Because yesterday and today, with an overabundance of sweets at work, I definitely indulged, and I definitely should NOT have!

It sounds silly to think that I could have risen above scientific facts of weight loss. But I did. And now I learned my lesson! So... no more mini snickers (hey, they're mini!) or slurpees (in my defense I drink half and it is the only way to get my coke fix!) or little carby bites. It's back to business. I have about 70 lbs to go and I KNOW that I can do it!

On the bright side, I do think I shrunk another inch or so. My skirt (the new one that I had pulled out of the boxes) was loose, and I am noticing that my jacket for work is getting REALLY loose on top. I might have to splurge and get a new one although I really don't want to (I am forced to wear a suit jacket which I find uncomfortable). But either way, it's good to know I am shrinking : )

Also, I had a wonderful Valentine's Day. Probably my first good one in a long time. I got roses at work, a gift from Victoria's Secret, and cards from the kids. I cannot complain!

No comments:

Post a Comment