Sunday, February 6, 2011

I made it through!

Yup, that's right, I made it through an entire weekend without throwing up!! WOOHOO!!!!! I seem to have figured out the key.... it isn't as much WHAT I eat, it is the speed at which I eat it. So this weekend for example I had a potato skin. I cut it into small pieces and would eat 2 at a time, wait a bit, chat a bit, and then eat 2 more. And that pattern seemed to work for everything I ate, no matter what it was! This just goes to show that I need to reprogram my brain that food is not scarce and thus I need to take my time and enjoy it rather than shoveling it down my throat!

This weekend I also indulged in a little retail therapy. There has been a lot going on both at work and at home and I was able to get away and Saturday was just absolutely fab. I ended up in Gilroy at the outlets and I promised myself I wouldn't go crazy with the buying. I kept that promise although I did find some KILLER deals. Dress pants for work $3.97. SERIOUSLY?!!! I bought 2. One in the size I am now, and 1 a size smaller.

I also figured that if I was going to spend money I shouldn't spend I should exercise while I am at it. So I parked at one end of each little shopping center and instead of moving my car, like I would have in the past, I just walked around the whole thing and made a circle back to the car! It worked because I weighed in today at 217 fully clothed, which is what I weighed the other day without clothes and at the crack of dawn. So I think I am down another 2 lbs!!! Woohoo!

I also took the time to majorly pamper myself. Got my nails and toes done, my eyebrows waxed, went to the movies, and even purchased a pair of boots that I figure I can wear to the rodeo when I go to San Antonio in a few weeks. That's right, mama's off to the rodeo! YEEHAW!!! lol.

Another notable encounter was with a friend of mine who I have known for going on 3 years now. We hung out and it was so nice to talk to someone objective and just chill. The night life in Gilroy left a lot to be desired but we ended up in Morgan Hill at 1 of the 2 bars there and it was SO FUN!!!! I can't drink so it was definitely interesting how different life is when everyone around you is completely drunk and you're sipping on ice water, but it was nice to know that I can still have fun as a DD. It did help that this group of girls had us rolling in laughter. One needs to be a comedian for sure... I'd pay to listen to her!

Now it's just me and Aidan hanging out at home. She is in her jammies, had cereal and a go-gurt for dinner (awesome mom I know) and I am catching up on FB before we retire. I am also amazed at how I feel hungover and yet I didn't drink! Maybe it is a psychological thing??? lol

No comments:

Post a Comment