Thursday, February 10, 2011

Happy Birthday to ME!


Woohoo! February 10 has arrived and I am officially 28 years old. Wow how time flies! Never thought I would be 30. Now it is only 2 years away. I have also come to the conclusion that the world at large succumbs to reverse psychology.... the less of a deal I make about my own birthday, the more of a deal everyone else does! lol.
Today has been fab thus far. I woke up, changed a dirty diaper, dealt with Aidan and her morning grouchiness... and then Bev showed up with my first birthday gift!!! A GORGEOUS necklace. It is beautiful! And because it is my birthday I am making the extra effort of putting pics in this posting... watch out!


The picture really doesn't do it justice. Plus I didn't expect to receive anything at all so getting a gift as gorgeous as this... I was happy happy :)

So, Bev took Benji with her, and I took Aidan to school. Running slightly behind, but hey, it's my birthday! And this entire morning, throughout my errands I have heard an incessant "ding!" of my phone. Facebook postings and text messages galore! I sure do feel special today!

I arrived at work and was greeted with a loud "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!", which again, who am I to turn away people cheering for my birthday?! I walked into our "stand-up" which is a morning meeting where we all meet at the front of the office. When it was time for me to go to my desk, this is what I saw:

They really went to town with the streamers!! LOL. I love it though. I left it up and have almost crashed into it about 10 times so far! Also got a few "Happy Birthdays" from the staff, and even a sparkly email from our revenue manager! Hoping for some yummy bday cake this afternoon, which seems to be the tradition around here.
Oh, and the figurative "icing on the cake".... I lost 2 more lbs!!!! I am now 212. Holy bageezus it is just falling right off these days!!!! AND I haven't thrown up in about a week. MAJOR PROGRESS!!!! It is as if overnight I either learned to slow down while eating, or my stomach just magically healed up and I am ok. But the best part is that either way, I am still losing weight. I leave for San Antonio on Feb 19, and I hope to lose 5 more lbs before then. We shall see. Either way, I am so thrilled with my surgery's success.
And so, 28 is proving to be a wonderful birthday! I can't wait to see what the rest of the day brings my way :)

No comments:

Post a Comment