Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Pictures, Pizza & Patience!

Well, I finally took some current pictures, albeit via iphone. But, alas, with a mile marker of 41lbs down, it needed to be done! I have saved my size 18W dress pants that I lived in at work to remind myself just how big I had let myself get. But you better believe that I was the first person in line to pack up and ship out all of my clothes that miraculously have gotten WAY TOO BIG!!!!! Like falling off too big! And thank goodness that I went through the plastic bin of clothes that I had deemed too small... half of them are already too BIG now!
And so, here is me, as of today, March 8, 2011 (wearing control top pantyhose though!!! lol):


Now as for the patience... although this surgery causes rapid weightloss, there is still a lot of weight to be lost! And a common occurence is stalls. Basically I stop losing weight, my body recalibrates its composition, I lose inches (which is exciting!) but that darn scale just gets stuck. I feel like that is what is going on right now. I have been stuck in the 205-207 range for about 10 days or so. AHHHH! This is after hitting 204 one day and then it jumping back up. Boys close your eyes, but ladies I am blaming my period and water retention on this one! This morning I stood on the scale and it was back to 204. Only 4lbs to go until I get back in the 100s. What a sweet day that will be! If I start screaming, crying, jumping up and down, don't be alarmed. I haven't been in the 100s since I had Aidan in 2007.
I have also discovered an awesome protein bar that I think should be mentioned. Muscle Milk Light, Chocolate Peanut Caramel. I swear to you, it tastes like a snickers bar and has the consistency of a really awesome caramel candy from sees! That thick, harder caramel, OMG. I LOVE THEM!!!! They are my current afternoon snack when I am craving junk and know I need to get some protein in. They have 170 calories which is slightly high, but lower than the average "protein bar" which is normally around 250. It has 15g of protein (yay!) when again, the avg protein bar has 6-8. And it only has 9g of sugar. Look on a power bar and tell me how much sugar is in it! A LOT!!!!! So anyhow, that is my current recommendation for proteiners everywhere :)

Now on the flip side, the other day I was on a crappy eating binge and attempted to eat a piece of pizza. I have to say it was pretty funny how much I could get down without feeling ABSOLUTELY STUFFED! Picture a full pizza wedge....... and now check this out:

Yeah that's about 3-4 bites. Stuffed. Completely stuffed. I love my sleeve! It reminds me not to eat the stuff I shouldn't be. And it reminds me WHY I needed it. Previously I would have downed the entire piece in about a minute and been looking for more! And no, I should NOT have been attempting a piece of pizza.
So all in all the past few months have been up and down and all around physically and emotionally but I would not take back the surgery even for a brief second. I am so grateful that I was able to have it done!

No comments:

Post a Comment